Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Another grey morning

It was very misty when we got up and by the time we were ready to go out it had started to rain quite heavily....thr stuff DB put on the grass will be well watered in, as will the patches of seed he put on yesterday.

Blood test, not good, he has to go to Melton next week as our surgery does not have cover....pain....we then went to the library van which was parked just down the road from the Drs. The van will be in a different place next time it comes as where they usually park there are road works going on, renewing gas pipes. On to the chemist and post office. DB asked me to drive home as he had a dizzy coming on, so in through the front door and straight up to bed....3 on the trot.....not good.

Cake for afternoon tea was needed so I made some white chocolate cup cakes and prepped the veg for supper tonight. I am casseroling the chicken legs from the weekend.

The weather cleared up during the afternoon although it was not as warm as it has been.

I fell asleep on the settee this afternoon, I did sleep ok last night but was very wearly after lunch so put my head down for half an hour.



2 comments:

  1. Bother about the rain when you two needed to be out and about and about the blood test that was off. Dearie me, another dd for DB, too, but at least the errands were finished and the seeds were watered.

    Cheers for afternoon naps! When I was a small child, my mother used to tell me that I'd enjoy naps after I had grown up. She was right!

    As always, your menu and the treats you baked sound delicious.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to have found you, my daily favourite blog reads were not the same without you.
    I love a little snooze some afternoons especially when its grey and rainy outside. My daughter calls them "nanna naps."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.