Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A dull morning, we are assured it will clear up by lunch time, I live in hope. The load of white laundry is on the line.

Rolls proving for tomorrow, beef stew in the pressure cooker, chicken spread to make for the rolls and a loaf in the bread maker, phew.....

DB had a nasty attack of palps yesterday, he is ok but tired this morning, fingers crossed he is ok tomorrow. Its not a vast  amount to loose but enough if he is not fit to go.

Had to go searching for the pattern I want to use to make some decorative pot holders, ended up going through the photos on the external hard drive and found a picture so I know what I am doing. Will make a test one first.

Clothes put out for the morning so I do not have to search, DB taking his camera rather than my big one, just a ruck sack with rolls a drink in and of course the tickets. We will have to set the alarm, we slept in again this morning.

I ended up having to dash out and rescue the laundry, as it started to rain and continued on and off through the afternoon, very heavily at times.

Rolls turned out really well, I proved them in the combi micro at 40c and then baked them for 15 minutes at 190c.

DB went for his siesta, I was reading, have had to cave in and put the fire on in the sitting room, its turned cold, still fighting not putting the central heating on though.

The sun came out for all of 20 minutes late this afternoon, then we had to put the light on it was so dark again.

Supper tonight, beef stew, mash, whats left of the gratin from yesterday and carrots. Oranges in jelly for dessert.

Recipe for the chicken filling for rolls.

Cooked chicken about 4 - 6 ozs.

Onion finely diced,

Pepper and salt to taste.

Dried fruit - sultanas or dried cranberries work well.

Tablespoon Mayonnaise.

Chop the chicken up and mix with the onion in a bowl, add the dried fruit and combine with the mayo. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for an hour or so to allow the flavours to mix. Use it to make sandwiches or to fill rolls. Yummy.




7 comments:

  1. Sure hope your weather is good and DB is muchly better for your trip. I really dislike travelling in the rain. Looks as if the weather people got it wrong. ;) They do that here as well.
    A tad cooler here today as the rain is moving in. I think we are going to end up with the leaves dropping before they change color.

    JaG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the palps and I hope DB feels like going on the planned outing tomorrow. The rolls and chicken filling will be good for lunch whether you and he eat them at the caravan show or at home. Ta for the chicken filling recipe!

    Cheers that you found the pattern you were looking for among your computer photos. I have a file on my computer called "quilt ideas" and another called "small fabric project ideas" and that's where I keep pictures of things I might someday make. They're easier to find that way but initially there was a lot of copy/paste or dragging pictures into the appropriate folders. I look forward to seeing what you make.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I have found you again Anne. Was lost without you.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a safe and wonderful trip! We have been without water for almost 4 days due to a water main break, but the water just went back on. This alone feels like a holiday to me! Best Wishes....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anne! I wondered where you had gone! Found you via Ilona. Hope you're ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. extremely windy here. I caved and lit the stove

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to find you again! Your chicken filling recipe sounds yummy-I'll be trying it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.