Monday, 18 November 2013

Welcome Home

My laptop returned this morning but its not in good shape, so it looks as though I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, cannot really afford it, but I keep so much info on here it is almost a necessity.

It was a dull morning and did indeed start to rain during the morning. Monday clean done DB actually did the hoovering, wonders will never cease!! Stripped the bed, laundry is drying in the dining room, far too wet to hang it out. We are only a few weeks into winter and I am fed up with laundry hanging around already....heaven knows what I will be like at the end of the winter.

After lunch we ventured into town. We needed to sign on with a dentist and DB made an appointment for himself. I left him in the library and went down to make an appointments for us both to get our eyes tested so a busy week next week. DB also has an appointment to get his blood pressure monitor fitted and the dentist.

We saw S the driver of the mobile library who informed us that he would not be coming this week as the bus is off the road, his next visit will be 18th December.........so I quickly found 4 books, we will return all our books when DB goes to the dentist next week.

Back home for a welcome cup of tea.

Supper tonight cold roast gammon, jacket spud, tomato and cucumber salad. Apple and black berry sponge for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard without the internet! What I did when my laptop was about to be sent off was to save everything I could, including website addresses that I usually have as tabs, in a document in Gmail drive. DH emails these details to himself as well. For me it was a sanity saver. I love the sound of apple and blackberry sponge. Wannabe Sybil (still stuck as Lyssa Medana) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! What a nuisance to have to buy a new laptop. A lot of work swopping everything over too. Lucky you caught the Library-man! We are off to Bridport tomorrow to sort out the paperwork for the caravan to be left there next season. It will be nice to have an unexpected trip to the seaside!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.