Monday, 2 December 2013

Monday................s

Lousy nights sleep, I was still awake at 4am and up at 8am.

DD2 &DGD arrived just before 10am and we were off to Ikea. I was so good. I just bought DB's favourite biscuits and that was all. DD spent up, she wanted 2 shelf units like the ones I got for the sewing room for her kitchen. I delivered her home and stayed for some lunch. DB had been fine whilst I was out, he had his lunch and his siesta so as up when I got home.

I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to sort out entering stuff on my lap top, got just a little frustrated, I'm not really impressed with windows 8 but I'll stick with it for now.

I am shattered, will be having an early night.....another busy day tomorrow. DB has a Drs appointment and I have to wait in for a delivery and the insulation people are coming to put the spacers in the roof. Wednesday we are planning to go to the library.

DB and I did an audit of the freezer and I do not need to buy any meat. I bought a turkey crown a couple of weeks ago so along with the beef joint I got some time ago we will have plenty for the holiday. His mouth is improving every day, no more bleeding.....and he is tackling more food to eat, less of the soft stuff which is a relief.

I got some chicken and mushroom out of the freezer I will make a chicken and mushroom pie for tomorrow night, I might also make some mince pies whilst I have the oven on.

Supper tonight, herb fritatta with veg, I had a couple of rounds of bread. I made a chocolate cream for dessert and topped it with chopped up dark chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a better night tonight! Expect you were excited about your trip to IKEA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you didn't sleep well last night and am amazed you managed the trip to IKEA on just 4 hours sleep. No wonder you're shattered.

    Am glad to hear that DB is continuing to feel better and better. Excellent!

    DH has installed another shelf in our kitchen storage so that will be put to good use before today is over. He's quite well chuffed with the woodworking precision he did successfully!

    Wishing you a wonderful night's sleep with good dreams so you awaken refreshed. Perhaps some wine before bedtime would help with that!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.