Sunday, 19 January 2014

Brighter Morning

AAArrrgghhhhh I caught DB looking at the houses for rent on the internet. He has been very firmly put in his place, no way, it would be financial suicide. Apart from anything else I like it here, quiet, no neighbours over looking the house at the back. The only small snag is the miniscule kitchen but that I have learned to live with.

Its a bright morning, keeps going dull but for the most part the sun is shining. I have had a bit of a turn round in the sewing room, moved a chest on wheels into the guest room and stood the little TV on it, not that the TV works, there is no plug close to it. I can now get at the whole of the table and also the boxes in the corner without having to either lift them up or drag them out from under the table. I have some stuff to do, might manage to get at it later in the week when I have recovered from tomorrows little episode. I have to get up at 6am and shower to be ready for 6.45am when I am being picked up.

Supper tonight will be the last of the sliced turkey from the freezer, with roast spuds and parsnip, carrots and cauliflower. I have made a creme caramel for dessert, no cream DB an have it with peaches, I will just have mine plain. He spent a while in the garden this morning sorting various bits out, the grass is a real mess thanks to the chap dnacing all over it on Friday, it will grow back, but like everything else it will take time.


4 comments:

  1. Oh No, not another move!. That is the last thing he should be thinking of with his health issues. I'm sure he was just annoyed with your LL over the hassle of the fence/hedge. Glad you have put your oar in and said No. Until the fence problems, you both seemed really happy and contented in your new home. You have got it so cosy and even though you have a smaller kitchen, you obviously still produce wonderful meals. I hope for your sake, DB thinks again.
    Best of luck tomorrow.

    Halaulani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you well, start to finish tomorrow and hope it's not DB who is driving you there and back. Have you planned and fixed dinner for tomorrow night so you won't have to bother with it if you just want to go to bed when you get back home?

    I love to look at homes for sale or rent even when not giving any thought to actually moving house. Hope that's all DB is doing, but perhaps he's fairly ticked off at LL, too, and is considering the possibility of moving. With the new fence up, your current place will be as lovely as before, so hope DB will settle down.

    Am looking forward to hearing all is well with you.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.