Friday, 24 January 2014

Busy Day

I managed to get up at 8am this morning. We were on the bus into town at 10am. DB wanted to do some research at the library. I sat and read the papers for an hour and then decided to go for a short walk. We were home just after 12noon. I managed to pick up some more dishcloth cotton 40p cheaper than the other shop I used to get it from.

DB had an appointment with the Dr re his cough and choking this afternoon, I nipped into Morrisons for a swede. I also found bovril stock cubes which I have been looking for. 4 packs found their way into my shopping basket. DB has to go for a chest xray and also an endoscopy.....more hospital visits, we should take our beds.

Its been very cold all day and tonight it started raining. DB wet next door to tell A about the bird count this weekend. A told him that he chap who put the hedge/chicken wire in had refused to come and take the stuff out and was going to take LL to the small claims court for payment........thats all we need. We have a hedge we do not want. Any idea what we are going to do with 50 privet plants, 4 concreted in fence posts and a roll of chicken wire??

Fish and chips for supper, banana and ice cream for dessert.



1 comment:

  1. Cheers for all you managed to accomplish while DB was doing his research at the library and while he was at the medical office!

    Wishing DB well on the outcome of the x-ray and endoscopy. Is he to take any medicine in the meantime?

    Bother about the kerfuffle about the hedge! Perhaps the new fence could be attached to the posts and the plants and chicken wire go on a local swap site like eBay or Craig's list so the LL could get some of his money back. Maybe?

    Part of our heating has gone out and we can get no one here to fix it until next Wednesday. Our LR/DR/Kitchen and my sewing room are cold but the bedrooms are warm and our two portable heaters keep the Florida room warm. The high tomorrow is forecast to be in the low 40s*F so at least the ice and snow will thaw. Needless to say, I am in many layers of clothes!

    You stay cozy, too!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.