Sunday, 5 January 2014

Still BBrrrrrrrrrr

There was a very heavy frost overnight, next doors roof looked as if it had snow on it!! DB said it was -9 at one point according to his weather station.

We were late up, porridge and toast for breakfast with a large pot of coffee......I made a pot of leek and potato soup for lunch enough left for tomorrow, we finished off the garlic bread from last night.

DB went for his siesta after lunch; I did the prep for supper pork chops roast spuds, carrots and brussels, dessert, banana and ice cream for DB, plain banana for me.

I am spending the  afternoon on the settee reading, tomorrow life returns to normal after the last 2 weeks. DB has his INR test on Wednesday, I am going to see if I can get transport to and from the hospital when I go for my op. I am not happy with DB driving that distance on his own.

The budget has been set for the next 12 months. We have had one notification through for DB's Scottish Widows pension, we should hear about the DWP sometime this month, then we have to wait until April for the Civil Service rises to come through, so I based my budget projections on this years income. We are breaking even.....just. I have had a note from our power suppliers that they are reducing the DD for the gas from £40 to £20 per month. I do not think its enough, however we shall see. They are now holding more than a months payment for the electric so I may well try and get that reduced as well. We have not had the worst of the weather yet; nor have we been in the house for a full 12 months.

I am going to be busy this week, I have a project I want to get sorted, once its finished I will post pictures.

Back to the normal routine tomorrow, perhaps then I will be able to remember what day of the week it is!!!


3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see your project. It's nice to get back into a regular routine again, isn't it.
    Milder today, the calm before the storm.....low temps for Mon and Tues -33*C......and snow. Very unusual for our weather to be this cold, even too cold for the sand and salt mixture to melt the snow on the roads.
    How many days 'til Spring?
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that you had a relaxing afternoon and that a yummy dinner was in the works early. I love potato-leek soup so am sorry I couldn't get there in time to share it!

    Our share of the arctic blast coming from Canada will arrive tomorrow and I plan not to go anywhere, despite the fact our cold will be much warmer than further north and west of us.

    I, too, look forward to seeing your project.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be careful over the direct debits. Ours was reduced last year and then I found we were in debit when it came to our last bill. Our direct debit has already had to go back up by £30 and instead of starting the winter off in credit as I usually do, which helps offset against the extra gas used for central heating, I've just about broken even instead. I'm guessing I'll owe them when spring comes and the DD will have to go up again to cover it. All this despite having frozen the prices until November 2014. Don't trust the power companies is my advice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.