Saturday, 18 January 2014

What a good day not!! Our neighbour came round to ask if she could take photos of the hedge, she is not pleased, did not want a hedge of any sort, wants a fence......she has spoken to the LL and also the agents. Apparently the LL is due this afternoon sometime. Why do I have a really nasty feeling about this??? The LL seemed reasonable in the beginning but now seems to be very unhelpful. A was not happy that the LL, who is a friend of their was extremely rude on the phone.

It started off wet, but the rain has cleared and we had a brief spell of sunshine which has also disappeared.

2 parcels packed and posted, a script put into the chemist, apart from that very little else has got done. Tomorrow I need to push the Dyson round the bedrooms as I will not be here on Monday. Cannot say I am looking forward to it really.

Supper tonight fritatta, salad and potato wedges, banana for dessert.

Update:

We were out this afternoon, when we got back LL was in next doors garden. LL and A came round and spoke to DB. No way was I getting involved, I would have ended up laying the LL flat with my fist. The upshot is we are getting a complete new fence right along the garden. Apparently the landscaper who came charged £480 for 2 hours work!! I wish I could get paid that.

DB is not at all happy with the LL and is making noises....aaarrggghhhh............

12 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with the ins and outs of the property fences, but have been told a bit by my son, who lives in the UK...I am sorry about the whole hedge/fence thing, as you have put so much work into the garden, but I understand it is not ultimately up to you. I think the fence is the best, too. My son's neighbor just had an old ugly , overgrown hedge removed at huge expense, and replaced it with a fence. It lightened up his garden and gave them both so much more planting room!
    Will stand by to hear the latest, but I fear your LL will not budge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your neighbour is a house holder, then there is no reason why she can't have a fence erected on her side. She would need to pay for it though. I thought the neighbour had been consulted and had already agreed to the privet hedge. Oh dear, as you say, not a great start to the day for you. Hope the weekend gets better.

    Halaulani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are still having hassle with the fence/hedge. I thought your neighbour had been consulted and had agreed to a hedge, but not leylandii. If she is a house holder, could she not have a fence erected on her side so you would both benefit. Just a thought. Hope your weekend gets better. It's been miserable, wet and cold here today.

    Halaulani

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree not a good start and not good comunication from the LL I just hope it all sorts itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, you have both got what you wanted. Serves the LL right, getting charged such a ridiculous amount for 2 hours work, plus the price of the privets too. Perhaps he will listen to you next time. Problem solved. Hooray.

    Halaulani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, you both got what you wanted in the end. Perhaps your LL will listen to you before going ahead and being charged so much for 2 hours work, plus the price of the privets too. Pleased that it has turned out better for you and DB. Your weekend is getting better already.
    Halaulani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear have you got to move any more plants for the new fence to go in? - the LL must have more money than sense to pay that much out for 2 hours work and good luck for Monday too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it all gets sorted out for you to your liking.
    Actually, in the long run it will be better to have the fence than the hedge, I am sure you prefer that. I guess the LL was trying to do the repair as cheaply as possible, turns out it has cost him more.
    All will settle down soon and Spring will be here.
    Lots of luck for Monday.
    Love Pam in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers for the fence that was wanted in the first place! Good for you for keeping out of the discussion and restraining yourself from the well deserved punch your LL seemed to need because of his part in this mess. Yep, it was LL who wasted money on the unwanted hedge, too.

    Busy day for me and am exhausted. Now found out AMIL's house is full of smoke again because a sweet potato she put in the microwave exploded and caught fire. DH is there helping.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The idiot who got planning permission to build 8 houses (4 x 2 semi detached) started work on the site yesterday. 5 of the 8 houses will look directly into my sanctuary vegetable and fruit garden. I have no control and no- one to complain to. I am very unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.