Thursday, 26 June 2014

Another bright and sunny day, we were up, breakfasted and away to Aldi, via the newspaper shop to collect the token.

As usual the car park was full, DB let me out of the car so I could start shopping and he came in hen he had found a parking space. The place was heaving, no chance of a quick dash round, it was slow, slow and slow.

Back home everything packed away, the freezer is full and I have enough apart from bread which I make to last us next month whilst we move stuff to the new place.

I took the mattress topper off and washed it, unfortunately the stain from when I had to take DB to get his mouth stitches was still there. We have had it for 6 years so I will probably get a new one before winter. It has saved the mattress a couple of times.

I found a very interesting page on the web about Melton Mowbray, it made good reading. I knew a lot about it already but I found more information. We bought 2 cream donuts at Aldi this morning with a reduced ticket, had them with our afternoon cup of tea.

Supper tonight, the quiche DB had on Tuesday with some salad and a few new spuds. Strawberries and cream for dessert. Ice cream is finished until I get up enough energy to make another batch.

I am feeling much better today but still very tired, had to have a Nana nap this afternoon. DB spent most of the afternoon reading in the garden, its been very pleasant again.

I need to sort of the things I am taking with me tomorrow when I visit y quilting friend

2 comments:

  1. It has rained off and on all day. We don't have Aldi. Only in the south of Ireland.
    Not worth diesel money to go.
    A nice day out for you and a treat in the afternoon.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice when faced with a crowded store, that you don't have to hurry, you can take your time and let those who are rushed speed on? It's always nicer to find the store fairly empty, but that doesn't always happen.

    Cheers that you're feeling better and can once again eat normally.

    I awoke in the middle of the night and planned an entire baby quilt that needs to be finished by mid-September for a baby girl who is due a couple of weeks later. For now my plan is a Single Irish Chain with medium and light shades of blue, green, and yellow with a little bit of pink.

    Hope you have lots of tun visiting your friend tomorrow!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.