Monday, 16 June 2014

Dull Monday

Different day yesterday as DB was playing bowls in the afternoon, I did bacon, egg, tomato and fried bread at lunchtime.

It was a dull day, DB said it rained at the bowls, but not here. DD2 and DGD turned up just after DB left so a couple of hours chat, tea and cake.

I decided to try some of the built in embroidery stitches on my machine on the border of a table runner, its ok, but I feel it could be better its was experimental, just did one side have the other three to do.

Monday clean done and a load of laundry done overnight out on the line, hope it dries, there was a bit of drizzle in the air earlier.

I had an appointment at the opticians this morning, not good news I have a cataract in my right eye which needs doing first and then they will do the left one. The MD is not any worse than it was 6 months ago which is the good news. I have to ring and make arrangements to see the eye people so I guess more trips in to Leicester and then face having to go for the op and follow up.

Car booked in for its MOT next Tuesday so I will get to the market.

Someone has kindly answered my plea for 10" plant pota so we are off later to collect them.

Supper tonight meatballs in tomato sauce with spaghetti.

4 comments:

  1. Cataract surgery isn't a huge operation. It take 15 minutes. Patients spend more time getting admitted and their eye dilated than anything else. Light duties for the rest of the day and a few restrictions on getting the eye wet.

    I've had patients tell me their surgery was less painful than a trip to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a day of accomplishments and fun! I'm so glad your home is close to family so popping in is possible.

    Another restriction following cataract surgery is that for the week afterwards, you cannot bend over or lift laundry or other heavy things. What my mother and AMIL said after their cataract surgeries is that colors look gloriously brighter!

    Good for you to bravely try your machine's embroidery stitches. I have 3 small quilt tops I hope to machine quilt myself and so improve my skills at that endeavor.

    Enjoy that yummy supper!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cataract surgery is very quick and painless these days. I had my first cataract surgery when I was 43 ( a fast growing cataract - I was blind in that eye within 3 months). When I had my eyes checked before having that done I'd started to develop one in the other eye, but it took 2 years until it affected my life( I couldn't drive at night due to the glare from oncoming headlights). I've since had a series of holes lasered into the first one as it had started to cloud up again. The good thing is that once they're done your prescription doesn't change again, which saves a fortune on glasses. My Mum was reluctant to have hers done, but is really glad that she did - she only uses ready-readers now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an opthamology nurse, so I see roughly a 100 cataract patients (on a slow) week.

      The bending and lifting requirement isn't as bad as some people think. it's not bending over sharply. No lifting over 15 pounds. It's really not the end of the world.

      I've had patients so amazed post op by their vision that they've left in tears thanking everyone on the unit. Then there are the drama queens who act as if they'd had open heart surgery.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.