Monday, 25 August 2014

The Sky Is Weeping

It was raining when we got up and it is still raining, a very grey day.

Last night we put the blanket on when we went up to bed and by the time we got in, it was toastie warm for the feet. It was switched off then. No more power used than it would have taken to heat the water for hotties.

Monday clean done, its a lot quicker here than in the old aparment.......

Glad I did the laundry yesterday, I got it all dry, just need to iron the sheets and pillowcases and that jobs done.

I am hoping by wednesday the ground will have dried up a bit and we can start putting the plants in the herbaceous border, then I will be able to see the empty spaces better.

DB went for hs siesta, I had a quick snooze on the settee. Its turned quite cold in the rain.

Supper tonight cold lamb salad and plum crumble. We have rolls from yesterday  for our lunch, we brought doggie bags home with us.


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful a toastie warm bed is on a cold night. I'm glad you and DB decided that you two deserved the electric blanket as an investment in good sleep and that you found it for an excellent price!

    It's good to hear you're settling into your usual routine at your new home! You did well in beating the rain by doing the laundry yesterday, too.

    Don't you wonder why more of your readers don't comment? I do.

    It's sunny and a bit cooler here today and I hope to sew a bit.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.