Thursday, 7 August 2014

Thursday

Not sure really what I did this morning, did not seem to be much. The box came yesterday to return the virgin equipment along with a bill for £240.52 for the remainder of the contract......I am not happy about it, Virgin cannot supply me with TV etc, but I fail to see why I should have asked them what areas of the town they supplied and then looked for a house in that area we could afford......regardless it looks as if I will have to pay them. If they take me to court it will damage our credit rating, something I am not really prepared to have happen.

I packed the Virgin stuff in the box and took it to the outlet, the chap was just delivering a parcel so he took mine, so I know it has left the shop, I saw it go in the back of the van.

Home again I prepared a chicken and mayo sandwich filling for lunch and also started off the bacon, mushroom and tomato sauce to have with the pasta tonight. I have a couple of Naan breads I will heat up to have with it.

Sat in the garden reading, the sun was out after a rather dull start. DB went for a snooze and I baked a ring of scone for afternoon tea.

I have managed to sew the binding down on 2 pot holders, one to go and then I have to do the table runner.

We have now been in the house for 2 weeks. Tomorrow will be the first Friday clean.

4 comments:

  1. It is outrageous what some cable companies charge for leaving their service area before the contract expires. Shame on them for being greedy and not considerate.

    Good for you for relaxing more today than your oft busy schedule. I look forward to seeing pictures of your pot holders and table runner when you can show them.

    It's sunny and warm here today, but not near the usual August heat so I'm not complaining.

    The iron is heating so I can press and cut fabrics for the Swoon quilt block I intend to make at last.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comments it is "outrageous" that they will charge you. Have you tried falling on their good nature (if you can find it) probably this is better done by letter than on the phone.
    I know that can worth asking as my dad needed a large sum of money for a house move and he exited a savings bond early that had quite a penalty in lost interest. (a good few hundred pounds, interest rates were considerably better then). On his behalf I asked the question could this be waived and lo and behold they agreed.
    I can see your predicament about going to court but I would be very surprised if it got that far. Just thought, - what about saying that the move has made you very hard up and make them an offer. Have a lovely weekend and don't clean too hard tomorrow!! Scones for afternoon tea sound lovely, would be intrigued to know your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are settling in now, and things are sorted out. This situation with Virgin sounds atrocious, and not very fair at all. Sorry to hear about that. The scone does indeed sound delicious, and I might be inspired to make the YFG some cheese scones on the back of it! Take care of yourselves xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Virgin cannot supply me with TV etc, but I fail to see why I should have asked them what areas of the town they supplied and then looked for a house in that area we could afford......regardless it looks as if I will have to pay them. If they take me to court it will damage our credit rating, something I am not really prepared to have happen."

    It will only damage your credit rating if you lose any court case (and, I don't think you will, given the circumstances).

    I'd send a letter (will be dealt with at a different level to an email or a phone call), explaining what has happened, and how unhappy you are, and ask Virgin to send you copies of their recordings of your phone calls between x and y dates (dates should cover all possible dates you spoke to them about this) as these will prove that you did ask them this.

    £240 is a lot to pay unnecessarily.

    Do you have legal cover on your household insurance? If so, give them a ring and see what they think.

    - Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.