Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Wet Morning

We had rain over night and it was still raining when we got up. It did clear mid morning and the sun came out. It was quite warm this afternoon, although there was a breeze which kept it from getting too hot.

DB is going through paper working printing stuff off for his bowls club history project and filing paper work.

I spent the day sewing, have put the binding on a small table runner and made up two blocks and turned them into a small table runner It  needs layering up, quilting and binding. I have several things that need the binding sewing down, so will be doing some hand sewing rather than mucking about on the lap top.

DB retired with a dizzy just after lunch, so we are following a pattern, 6 weeks without one then several days with one a day.

Cold chicken with wedges and whats left of yesterdays gratin for supper, bananas and ice cream for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you got rain AND that you accomplished so much in your new sewing room! I can imagine it felt wonderful to play with fabrics again and hope your new sewing room works well for you.

    Bother about those blasted dds! It will be interesting to note if after a flurry of them, they stop for another long stretch. Do you make a note on the calendar each time an unwelcome dd happens?

    It's been a hot, sunny, wearying day here with taking AMIL to her appt, going to the post office, and to the library before coming home. I'm too tired to sew and I had wanted to do that. I shall sit and read instead.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.