Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Another bright day, but a cool wind blowing, a great day for washing if you have any to do!!

Off into town, library, left DB there to do more research, I walked back with the shopping trolley through the market, picked up some apples, a sweetheart cabbage and half a cucumber.

Nipped into Morrisons to pick up a TV choice and also a couple of tins of beans. Shattered when I got back so painkillers and a cuppa with my leg up on the settee.

Prepped the shepherds pie for supper and the veg before DB came in. We will finish the crumble for dessert tonight.

Christmas chicken, this one is not for eating!!



4 comments:

  1. You are so clever, I love your chickens.
    How long does it take you to complete one. I think I would be at it for a week or more.
    Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, thank you for your comment, Once I have cut out the bits and fused them onto the background, the blanket stitch to secure them takes me the longest. Its trying on the eyes making sure the stitches hit where they should. The actual quilting and binding too me about an hour this afternoon. I still have to hand sew the binding down on the back which will take me about half an hour. I can only do it in daylight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hope you're feeling better as today has worn on and you've had a bit of rest.

    Love the Christmas chicken mat!! Well done on the fabric choices, the quilting and finishing it, too. May I ask if you use a walking foot for the quilting and, if so, which foot do you use (as in darning foot, free motion foot, or regular walking foot). Does your sewing machine have a stitch regulator so the stitches remain evenly spaced or are you just good at keeping the foot petal pressure even?

    Hugs!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, I use what I call the hopper foot, its included with the machine. I think it might be a darning foot on a US machine. I only use the walking foot to put the binding on. No stitch regulator I have learnt to control the speed of the machine and the speed I move the fabric to sync and get even stitches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.