Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Work in progress

Very bright morning, but the cool feel of autumn is in the air.
We sat on the patio to have our morning tea,  making the most of it whilst we can. September is to be a good month according to the forecast.

DD2 due after lunch so scones made, also prepped the cauliflower and broccoli gratin for supper, I do a jacket potato and baked tomato's with it. The last of the crumble for dessert. No bananas again Anonymous.

OH has been in the garden all morning treating the wood for the sq. ft. bed.




The bed has been dug over and the herb container moved between the two clematis on the fence, so we can get at both sides of the bed.



Man at work!! OH painting the wood to divide the bed up. This is all wood we already had, so nothing new to buy. The longest bits come from the very large container which fell apart. It used to stand outside the railings at the cottage. Was never the same after the horse box hit it back in 2010.

I started unpicking a quilt cover last night, will use the fabric to make the casserole cover from Mortgage free in Three. I plan to give it a try out when we go to Manton in a couple of weeks.


2 comments:

  1. Applause for DB's diligence in getting all prepared for the sq. foot garden! What a good idea to assure you can get to all of it from both sides.

    Your dinner sounds yummy as do the scones. I was just reading a book that mentioned peach scones and those sound good. The peach crisp I made on Sunday wasn't good at all so have tossed that recipe.

    It's been horribly hot today but I ran the errands that were needed and have spent the last couple of hours cooling off.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Margie inn Toronto - your garden looks amazing, especially for having just moved in - your hubby (and you of course) have certainly be working hard.
    I also read "Mortgage Free in 3" - is that the slow cooker/hay oven sort of thing? Someone is going to sew one for me and I'm looking forward to giving it a try - I'll be interested to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.