Thursday, 29 January 2015

The Earth Moved

We were reading in bed last night when the bed shook, there was a bang and the house shook, it took me a few minutes to realise it was an earthquake. It was centred near a village just a few miles from here. 3.8 on the scale. It does not appear to have done any damage, but the tremors were felt quite a long way away.

It was on the TV news this morning and also in the papers.

Car packed ready for this afternoon. DB took to his bed with a dizzy just after 11am. The first for a week.

Well the first class went ok, despite having a violent snow storm just before the class started, just one lady did not make it. All listened attentively to me gabbing, and seemed pleased when they left clutching their bag kits. The creative grids catalogues went so I hope every one has at least a cutting board, rotary cutter and ruler for the next meeting.

Two ladies took over making the tea and all the pots were washed up, I put them away before I left, so everything was tidy. I managed to go without the lead for the machine, there was a wireless in the office and the cable from that fitted the machine. so all was well. There were some questions asked which I managed to answer.

I am shattered, have sorted out the cash and cheques and written up the accounts.

I now have to start on the project for them when they have finished the bags...............

2 comments:

  1. Very glad to read that it went well! Had been thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good session, well done. Vee x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.