Thursday, 19 February 2015

Its Raining

 it started as we went out to the U3A meeting. Neither of us were inspired by the speaker, who was very busy promoting her books and not encouraging people to write themselves. She over ran her allotted time by almost 20 minutes, several people fell asleep and a couple of people got up and left when she had finished speaking.

It was still chucking it down when we came out. Home for bacon sarnies, DB has an appointment at the orthotics clinic this afternoon, he needs new insoles for his shoes. I will be struggling with yet another block for the quilters group.

My quilting friend phoned me last night, she had rung the people who had collected her Juki long arm machine to find out what was wrong with it. Apparently it needs a new circuit board and carbon brushes. She is not happy, although the machine is almost 4 years old, it has not been used many times. They told her it would cost £485, the machine itself was £995.00 when she bought it, so almost half the cost of a new machine for a circuit board..............she could not make up her mind what to do.

Spent the afternoon sewing another block and cutting out over 100 fans for dresden plates. I have to cut out the same number of lozenges for tumbling blocks, but they can wait for another day.






1 comment:

  1. I would like to make a Dresden Quilt but all that cutting, perhaps I should tackle a block a month. Trouble is I am impatient, once a project is started I want it finished before something else catches my imagination. I can be distracted quite easily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.