Thursday, 5 March 2015

Time to empty the linen basket

and fill up the washer. It was getting difficult to get anything into the laundry basket, so today was wash day, for the coloureds that is.

I had to divide them into 2 loads as OH had put in his track suit he wears in the house. Its quite thick and takes up quite a it of water.

We were a bit later getting up, so whilst the porridge was cooking I put the first load in the washer. The sun was shining and there was a bit of a breeze. An hour later they were dancing on the line and the second load was in.

The sun kept coming and going, by 3pm it was quite grey so out I went, only the thickest stuff was not dry, so over the airer to finish off in the sitting room.

DB decided to go for a walk this morning, so well wrapped up he left for a 20 minute walk. I stayed behind to put a pot of leek and lentil soup on for lunch, delicious it was too and enough for lunch tomorrow.

DB went for his siesta, I curled up on the settee with my book and a hot water bottle wrapped in fleece for an hours read.

I picked up some YS spiced chicken goujons in Morrisons yesterday, so they will do nicely for our super with some salad and cous cous. There are a couple of bananas in the bowl, could well end up as banana splits or may be toffee bananas.

I did venture into my sewing room this morning, cut an old hand towel up, turned it sides to middle and cut off the thin bits, it will make a decent floor cloth.

There were no properties in the local area to bid on, had be been in Loughborough there were several we could have gone for including 2 bungalows. So we live another week. I did apply for a flat last week but there were 2 people in front of us, so not much chance there.

We have also applied to a local housing association, will see what they have to say.

Almost the end of another week, the time seems to fly by, its Monday and then suddenly its Friday again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.