Tuesday, 5 May 2015

The Saga Continues

Just now have a chap lying on his back taking the washing machine pump to bits. We have already recovered a plastic bank bag, stuck in the pump, he is now looking to see what else is in there.

I spent over an hour this morning trying to get someone to come in. One company wanted to charge me £124 call out and a fee for a second visit. It would have been cheaper to buy a new machine!! As it is the chap sent by the agents found a plastic bag and then a 20p piece, the machine is now working fine and he charged me £45!! worth every penny. DB phoned the agents to say we were very pleased with the service, The sheets etc are rinsing I then have to spin the towels and wash them I was ashamed of the muck that came off the floor by the door, the water was very dark grey, despite me washing the floor every week. I think I will have to have a go with the steamer over the whole floor.

Appointment at the Drs in the morning to see about whether she thinks DB should carry on driving, I also want to see how she feels about us having a SS evaluation.

All the laundry dried in the wind, it sure is blowing some out there, bedding ironed apart from the quilt cover which will have to wait another day too crackered to do it now.

Supper prepped, macaroni cheese, jacket spud and coleslaw. DB is still having his bananas for dessert most days.

3 comments:

  1. We can not do without our machines can we. Glad your is fixed.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first call out fee was dreadful, glad the agent found you someone cheaper and the job got done quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! Glad you are sorted and it didn't cost an arm and a leg!
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.