Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Onward

OH went off after breakfast to get more manure for the garde, he just got back as it started to rain, and it has rained for a good 2 hours.

Whilst he was out I tidied the kitchen and then went out to plant in the back. Did just 6, the soil in the shady part of the garden is almost pure clay, we need to do something to open it up a bit. I was shattered. So came in.

The coal man has delivered the coal and we have ordered a load of logs as well, we are trying to work out the best way to use the fire and the heating during the winter, I think its going to be a case of suck it and see.

The rain has stopped so we are going down to the nursery to see the lady at the cafe with the box of Christmas stuff, see what she thinks about the sale later in the year.

I have worked this morning on a different block for the group ladies to see using 1/4 sq triangles.

Sausage and mash for supper, no idea about a dessert........I ended up doing a treacle sponge with custard. There is enough left for another couple of suppers....yum yum.

Tonights sunset....over the roofs at the back of the bungalow.








6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good day for y'all with lots accomplished despite the rain.

    Your garden will soon be award winning in the VAST Improvement category and in the JUST PLAIN PRETTY category! Well done!

    Am about to trim up my Flying Geese that I made using the tutorial I sent you ages ago.

    We had rain today, too, and it's in the forecast for tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night. Time will tell what lands here.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Have been away on holiday, what a huge change to your garden!!! Hope you are keeping well now!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sunset pictures and the views of your garden transformation are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunset photos!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos - thanks for sharing and well done on all the garden work. Rain has been pretty constant here all day today xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sunset! You guys put me to shame with the amount of work you've done in your garden in such a short space of time ..... I have a house with a large lot .... out front is a desert landscape (I'm in Southern California) but my back yard is a dirt lot with a few fruit trees and some other nice large shade trees. I am wondering if I have the energy and stamina to start a raised vegetable garden on half of it ....... I would like to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.