Friday, 4 September 2015

Despite the clouds, no rain

Its been fine all day although the sky was saying something else.

DD arrived just after 11am, we had a discussion about moving the settee and swapping it for the dresser, so the settee is opposite the fire, I think it will happen, just not yet. I will contact my elder daughter and her husband and get them to come over and give us a hand to move things round.

After lunch we sat chatting for a while, then a cup of tea and a slice of lemon drizzle cake and we were off into town. DB went to Yorkshire Trading whilst DD2 and I ran round Morrison for groceries. We took DD2 home and had a cup of tea, then off to the library for new books. We put the books in the car and nipped over to Boyes, we got the side and back coal savers and also a companion set which had been reduced, so we are all set for the winter.

Back at home DB put the shopping away whilst I got the supper on. We finished off the rhubarb and sponge I made yesterday with a drop of cream.

Its not so cold tonight so I have not lit the fire.

Tired now, its Saturday tomorrow so I can have a bit of a lie in.

We saw this over the roof tops this evening.





1 comment:

  1. Oh, I look forward to seeing the new furniture arrangement in the sitting room when the strong young folks have been there to help with that! You just have to live somewhere for a while before thoughts of a better arrangement come to mind. Just this morning, I had some ideas about moving furniture around and it's been in its current layout for about 6 years.

    You, DB, and DD2 accomplished a lot today so it's good the rain held off.

    Don't you love hot air balloons?! When the boys were small and we lived in seminary housing, one September morning we found in the large field nextdoor there were many, many hot air balloons filling and slowly, nearly silently rising up and away!! We were enchanted.

    What are you reading?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.