Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Today's the day

I go for my pacemaker check, fingers crossed the pressure has not gone up even more!!

We woke late, DB slept on till 8.30, but no rush we are retired, can get up when we want to.

Its a wet, cold morning, we lit the fire yesterday afternoon, after a couple of false starts I got it going, once the coal had burnt through I used wood which burnt very well. I put the last bits on about 8,30 and closed it right down when we went to bed. Very little ash and all good, no clinker at all.

Decided to wash my hair, It not an easy job now we do not have a shower, I find leaning over the bath difficult and the sink is very small, once the jug is in to get water to wash there is not room left. I really do not want to have to do it in the kitchen, we have enough trouble with the sink draining as it is.

We need to set off early for the hospital, I want to go to Aldi in Woodgate for a couple of things we cannot get locally, we are going to have fish and wedges tonight instead of Friday, they do not take too long to do. I know I will be shattered by the time we get home.

Will try and post tonight..........

Update.

Hospital visit went very well, no problems, everything has settled down and both wires are working ok. So I can resume normal life, but not to do anything too strenuous, so I guess hang gliding is out for now. Back for a further check in 3 months a couple of days before Christmas. Now just need to get the message over to the children who seem to think I am on my last legs, sorry kids.....no such luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Wishing you well today, sweet friend, and I hope the news is all good with no additional procedure needed.

    Your easy, quick dinner menu that requires so little energy to have you both well fed is such a good idea. I hope the evening will see you both enjoying your cozy, charming surroundings, warm, and relaxed.

    Has there been any word on the loo reno so you will have the much needed shower at last?

    Another chilly, sunny day here and I hope to sew.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers and happy dancing here at the great news that all is well with your pacemaker and the pacing wires!! JOY!! Hope you'll refrain from bungee jumping, too, just to be on the safe side. Now WHERE is that driver's license?

    Is it time to raise a glass?!

    Happy hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear things went so well at the doctors! Darn! no hang gliding? And here you were so looking forward to it. ;) Prayers all is well and you are back to full strength by the time the next appt. rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear all went well at the clinic, Perhaps you'll be allowed hang gliding and bungee jumping just in time to help Santa deliver all those Christmas presents.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw your update on clinic update. Very pleased for you. You certainly are not on your last legs. I find after my long battle with BPPV I do have to pace myself a little differently than when I was 100% - I get everything done but just a little slower.

    Have you thought about getting one of those rubber hose things that you attach to the bath taps and then use the sprayer when you want to wash your hair. I don't really know how good they are but my mum had one in her little bungalow in her final years as she also never had a shower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.