Saturday, 24 October 2015

Shattered

We were away by 9.30am. The traffic on the M roads was quite bad, we got to the show ground just before noon and decided to have lunch before I went into the show.

I was very good and only spent £10, I did see the new Janome embroidery machine, it is due for release on 1st November. I must admit I was quite impressed, but I was very good and walked away. I need to sort out the heating first, once that's sorted I need to start a savings pot.

I am posting some of the pictures of the quilts I saw, there were some really nice ones. I also caught up with Robert from Dunbar, he is doing the quilt show circuit now, 23 shows a year. It was good to have a chat. He had his daughter working with him.









This ones for you Ana!!


We managed to get lost on the way back. I hate the roads round Birmingham, we ended up on Spaghetti Junction!! Had to do a quick turn around and find the right road again. We had beans on toast for supper, just filled a gap. We are both tired so will have an easy day tomorrow.

I have a busy week coming up, Visit to get my hair chopped on Tuesday, Ikea with DD2 on Wednesday, group leaders lunch and then straight on to the quilting group, Thursday. Friday I am going to see my quilting friend and compare notes about the quilt show.

I will post more pictures tomorrow. Do not forget to put your clocks back. We will have an extra hour in bed tomorrow....hooray!!


4 comments:

  1. Such super work! You were lucky to get pictures, last show I went to they asked you not to as people were stealing ideas! I would love to be able to do a big quilt one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I went to our guild show yesterday and it was wonderful. I have to sort out the photos. Ana us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilts. Sounds as if you had a tiring but nice day out. I hate getting lost on busy roads. My fingers are itching for a new quilting machine. Do I need it...no. Do I want it...yes. I'm holding out but who knows. ;) Enjoy your easy day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the variety of quilts you photographed and am glad you got to go to this eye candy festival! You and DB were wise to have lunch before going into the show and it's nice you found something worth saving up for!!

    Ta for posting so many pictures after you'd had such a tiring day.

    Wishing you sweet dreams and am sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.