Thursday, 12 November 2015

In Tonights Leicester Mercury.

GOODE Shirley Ann 6th November 2015. Passed peacefully away after a long illness, in Lancaster. Mother of Nicholas, Susan, Jane and Ruth, grandmother of Simon, Anna, James, Stevan, Sarah, Christopher, Jenny, Aaron and Brittany. Figure 8 slimming club in Leicester, Yorkshire Post column, economy cookery writer and Television personality in the 80's in Leeds, followed by a cookery Internet blog, Shirley lived in Morecombe from 2009. Thanks from all the family to Laurel Bank Nursing Home for their care. Funeral at Lancaster & Morecombe Crematorium on Friday 20th November at 2:45pm. Bare & Torrisholme Funeral Service, 5 Bare Lane, Morecombe. Te. 01524 410240.

6 comments:

  1. As a reader of Shirley's blog for a few years, I had been popping over to see if there was any news every couple of weeks or so and I happened to look on the day that the family made the announcement. A great lady, I hope that she rests in peace. It is nice that the blog will be left up as a resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too so enjoyed Shirley's blog. I remember her from the 80's when I was so inspired by her TV programmes.
    I was so sad to read this news, she will be greatly missed. But what legacy she leaves. I read and use every week, a great source of information..
    I too am happy that the blog will remain for resource.
    Nice that you posted this, thank you. I think a lot of people kept checking her blog for news.
    Pam in Texas .xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew nothing of Shirley Goode and her wonderful suggestions for economical living or her blog, but extend my sympathy to all who enjoyed her presence and information for so many decades.

    It seems to me that the family posted on her blog that it will be left up only for the coming month. Of course, the family changed their minds since I read that yesterday.

    Some presenters do seem to become friends, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too remember her from the 80s, and still use the two cookbooks she published back then

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for letting us know. I used to read her comments every day and like others have said it was almost as if we knew her. I can remember watching her on tv and she always talked a lot of sense. I am glad that she is no longer suffering and she can show the angels how to make the perfect soufflé. Thanks again. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.