Thursday, 19 November 2015

Recipes

I should maybe clarify my cooking etc.

I worked as a nurse for many years until I had a problem with my back, my GP advised me to find an alternative job, so I retained as a chef and worked as either a chef or chef/ housekeeper until I retired some 10 years ago.

Most of the recipes I  use are ones I have adapted over years to suit us.

The chicken pasta last night is a way of making a meal for 2 from a single chicken breast. It came out of my head........

Chicken breast cubed, diced onion cooked in a mixture of butter and oil, chicken then browned along with the chopped bacon, chopped mushrooms added, just over 400mls of chicken stock and a couple of cloves of garlic, pepper. Leave on a low heat for about 20 minutes to make sure the chicken is cooked through. Thicken the sauce slightly and add a dash of cream and a table spoon of brandy or sherry.

Whilst I am cooking the chicken I cook the pasta just under al dente. strain and leave in cold water.

Drain the pasta and put it in a casserole, pour the chicken etc over the pasta and stir in, then top with bread crumbs mixed with parmesan and sprinkle with paprika. Put it in the oven for about 25 minutes at 200c to heat the chicken through and brown the top. I served mine with steamed calebrese yesterday.

If you want to make the dish and heat it up later, put a little more stock in as the pasta will take up some of the sauce. I would pre heat the oven to 200c and reheat for about 35 minutes, make sure the chicken is very hot.


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. Very kind of you to post a response.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta for the recipe! A couple of questions remain:
    do you dice or slice or smash the garlic cloves?
    how many garlic cloves?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds lovely Csarina, will have to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you may recall I don't do meat/poultry Anne, but I do always love reading about your cooking skills! Your kitchen flavors often waft all the way across the pond, haha - and bring back memories of my mum's kitchen - she also worked as a chef for several years, and was a wonderful cook at home.

    I enjoyed your recent comment on one of my Paris posts - I know how much you love France too. My heart is heavy and this past week has been really hard on me.

    Hope your weekend goes well and the sun shines.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.