Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Good News

If there can be such a thing when your 45 year old son has died.

His body has at last been released by the coroner, the funeral people are collecting him this afternoon.  Its a step in the right direction.

A sunny day but windy, I had put laundry in the machine overnight, so its out on the line, hopefully about dry, will be getting it in before the weather starts to damp down.

We are past the winter solstice, the nights should start to draw out a bit. The weather is so mild a lot of the bulbs I put in have started to put leaves up, heaven knows what will happen if we get snow and frost now.

We are waiting for the chaps to come and do an estimate for the side gate and fence that Nick was going to put in for us. The back of the bungalow is wide open, anyone can walk round from the front. I will be glad when its done. The back of the bungalow will be more secure.

Our next door neighbour has just had 3 fence panels and posts replaced, all the wood was left on the garden, DB went round this morning and asked for the posts, just what we need for the raspberries, and he was also given some wood for chopping.

Not sleeping well, it was 5am this morning before I dropped off, up just after 8 so I am off to put my head down for half an hour.

7 comments:

  1. My heart is aching for you. Hoping that you are given much help and support as you seek to plan your son's memorial service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear that the funeral process may happen sooner than January 8 as that will give some closure.

    Am glad to hear, too, that someone is coming to give you an estimate on the fencing job that Nick had planned to do for you.

    Our weather is mild, too, and the forecast is for 100% chance of thunderstorms this arvo. We have a hawthorn in bloom and day lilies coming up.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please look after yourself during the days to come. Losing a child is just about the worst thing that can happen to us as parents. I hope that all the funeral arrangements go to plan and that there isn't any drama forthcoming because that is the last thing needed. Sending thoughts and sympathy from the US. Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a strange time as every day life carries on regardless of the sadness in the hearts of the bereaved. I hope you manage to have some rest to restore and sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anne
    So Nick was the lad who I've read about so many times who has come and done all the diy jobs for you - I wasn't sure - I'm glad that the process has started to move forward for you now but more importantly I'm relieved to see you're here - I have thought about you and Edwin over the last few days and wondered if you were ok - there's no point in me wishing you any christmas cheer but wanted you to know that you are both still in my thoughts and prayers - hugs from me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do most sincerely hope that you can find some peace in the days ahead. I cannot imagine what you are going through.
    I hope good memories can sustain and strengthen you.
    With love for better times ahead.
    Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.