Thursday, 31 December 2015

Still Windy

but no where near as bad as yesterday. I put towels in the washer last night, hung them out, they are as good as dry, I also washed the heavy cotton cover from DB's chair, its still quite wet, will fetch it in before it starts to get dark and leave it on the airer in the sitting room overnight.

Have completed the pre New Year clean, so everything is bright and shiny, not that it will last, it will need doing again next week!!

I have not even thought about my aims for next year yet, my mind is on other things, but I guess we have 2 main jobs, getting the multifuel stove installed and a fence and gate on the side of the bungalow to make the back a little more secure.

DB is sorting though his seeds, there are some things we can start off late in January and a few more for February. Some of the veg we want to grow we will get as plants from the market.

We will have a quiet night, we will go to bed and read, may see the New Year in, depends on how whacked I am later.

Sausage, mash and beans for supper, a banana split for dessert, need to use up some cream. We finished the last of the soup for lunch today with some freshly made bread.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you the very best for the new year ahead. I know the start of it will be hard for you but I do hope it gets better as it goes along-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sending you love for the coming year, I hope it will get easier as the months progress. Thank you for continuing your daily blog, be it good or bad to report! Take care both of you. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings for the coming year. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a day of accomplishment you've had and your dinner/dessert plans sound yummy as usual. It's been ages since we had banana splits.

    Wishing you and DB much happiness, satisfying creativity in fabric or yarn and the garden, good health, good books to read, and abounding contentment in the new year.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.