Sunday, 27 December 2015

That was Christmas

Its over and gone. As usual all the decorations are packed away. Christmas will never be the same for us again.

Christmas Eve was a very bad time for me in more ways than one, DB spoke to our GP she has upped all my medication.

We went to DD2 for lunch on Christmas day, DGD had cooked, it was very nice and we came home with enough turkey for 2 suppers. We did drink a toast to Nicholas before we ate lunch.

Yesterday we did nothing. Late up, no lunch but ate supper early and then watch some TV and some programmes we recorded earlier.

This morning we set to and put all the decorations away, boxes had got shoved in various places when we moved, so now I know where they all are.

 DB has started to sink a drainage trench behind the coal shed to make a soak away. Hopefully it will stop the water running into the coal shed a wetting the coal. The logs are on half a pallet, so up out of any water.

The situation in Yorkshire and Lancashire is horrendous, even more people flooded and huge power cuts as well. I guess the river in Haddington will be in flood as well.



This is the blanket I knitted, this is just one set of stripes there are 4 more down the back of the settee, so its quite big. I have used it. I fell asleep on the settee yesterday afternoon and DB pulled it over me, very cosy.

Its a bright morning, just coming up to noon the sun has broken through, no idea how long it will last though. Its not cold outside. 

We are having cold meat, salad and jacket spuds tonight for supper. DB requested bread and cheese for lunch. No idea about dessert, although I do have 2 creme brulee in the fridge.

10 comments:

  1. No words that I can think of could possibly help, just sending hugs and prayers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot think of any words to say, please take care of yourselves and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blanket that you knitted and how nice that DB pulled it up over you when you fell asleep on the settee.

    Take care of each other as you move thru this difficult time. I am also sending prayers.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blanket is beautiful Anne just like your patchwork - you are a very talented lady. Sending more hugs and prayers to you and Edwin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Hugs* I wish I had the words to ease your grief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like your Christmastime was the best it could under the very sad circumstances. Prayers continue.

    Your blanket is lovely and am glad it's also wonderfully cozy.

    Wishing DB well on his efforts to direct water away from the coal shed.

    Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a long time reader but don't post often. I've just had a marathon catch up and am so very sorry to learn of your loss. No words can make it better or make sense of it for you so will just quietly send love and light your way. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    your blanket is beautiful and I feel inspired to try knitting again. love to you Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your blog but was very sad to read
    of the loss of your son.
    My prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.
    love to you from
    Sheree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.