Tuesday, 5 January 2016

It never rains but it pours

DB is now suffering from what the Dr thinks is a blow up of diverticular disease, he spent ages this morning tied to the toilet. Looks like he may not be fit to go on Friday, so I will have to drive there and back and do the eulogy he was going to do........life is a bummer sometimes.

I spoke to my ex last night, he has his car keys back, they were handed in to the police station by a lady, she found them near the local shop. He has also had the cash he lost refunded, his insurers paid it into the bank yesterday. He is complaining that he has to put the car in the garage at night and its very tight getting out, I know those garages were never really built for 4 x 4's. He assures me that Friday will not turn into a three ring circus, he has warned my eldest son to button it and behave. Whether he does or not is another matter. I will be so glad when it is all over.

Another load of washing done, I dried it in the dryer, its not really dried up outside all day. I have also just got the binding to sew down on the last three mats, had to do some creative sewing on the backing, two of them have joined pieces on. Hope to get at least one sewn down tonight.

DB insists he is having spag bol for supper, hmmmm..........we will see, he cannot have garlic bread he is off dairy for the moment.


This is the paper white that my quilting friend gave me for Christmas, just one bulb has produced 8 tiny white flowers.



4 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about DB, maybe he will be a little better before friday? Don't you think sometimes all life's troubles seem to come at once. Wishing you quiet, rest and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bother that DB has this GI problem that may require a change in his diet and/or medicine to control it. AMIL had it and got good results from a combination of medicine.

    How wonderful that your ex got some of his missing belongs returned to him and I hope his words to your older son cause the service Friday to be peaceful, comforting, and calm.

    Cheers for your success on the remaining mats!!

    It's another freezing cold day here but the sun is bright and I'm gaining on the Christmas things that need to be put away. Of course, taking them to their 11 month homes will wait for a warmer day.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper white flower is beautiful. Thinking of you and praying for strength/healing for both you and DB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get through Friday with nothing else to upset you. It will be a hard enough day without having to deal with other peoples issues.
    I'll be thinking of you-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.