Thursday, 7 January 2016

Tomorrow is the day

It was very wet and cold this morning. A quick trip to the hairdressers to the coffee get my hair trimmed, then back to pick DB up and off to Morrison in Melton for a top up shop.

Not too bad, just £20 including a jar of Dowe Egberts Gold blend coffee. We rarely use instant coffee, I prefer the coffee from the machine, but a couple of people who visit quite like instant.

Back home via Lidl for eggs, bag unpacked and put away and then lunch, we had what was left of last nights quiche with tomato and a crusty cob.

I went into the sewing room whilst DB had his siesta and sorted out the bits left from my mat making, they are all finished now.

This is all 10 of them, none exactly the same, some are sughtly smaller than others depending on how much fabric I had left for the borders.






I have started to get my things ready for tomorrow, changed over my handbag, my blouse needed a slight press so thats done and its hanging up. It depends on how cold it is whether I opt for a cardigan under my coat.

I have to be honest I am dreading it, but clench the teeth and the buttocks and I will do what has to be done.

DB is much better today and insists that he is coming, so be it. We are taking my younger daughter GD is going with her father, she knows the way and he has a propensity to get lost. It will be an early start for us.


15 comments:

  1. Your mats look really wonderful. You may have needed the diversion of working on them during this stressful time. I hope and pray all goes well for you and the family tomorrow and that afterwards you can relax and renew yourself. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mats are beautiful. Will be thinking & praying for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The festive holiday mats are lovely and I know their recipients will be delighted - and eager to know how to make the mats, too. Well done!

    My thoughts, prayers, and hopes will be with you and your family tomorrow as you gather to bid Nick good-bye. May everyone be on their kindest and best behavior.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care the pair of you and I hope things go the best that they an.

    Hugs

    Pattypan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are both in my thoughts,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and your family tomorrow.
    Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thoughts and prayers go with you for tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope tomorrow goes as smoothly as it can do. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck Anne - will be thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS. Your mats are beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Nanny Anny in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holding you and your loved ones close in thought.
    Hoping all goes kindly in honor of Nicholas and that his much too soon passing will bring you all together to recall happy memories of better times.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking of you on this difficult day. I hope all goes well as well as it can and there are no awkward incidents with other family members. Love, Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Will be thinking of you as you try to get through a very difficult day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.