Thursday, 25 February 2016

I Give Up

Woke at 6am, DB announces he has palpitations, I told him to take his medication and go back to sleep. I then lay awake.

Decided that after yesterday I was too tired to take the group today, so I called it off they will still be able to sew whether I am there or not.

Got DB breakfast in bed, had mine in bed as well and we got up about 9.30. The palps had lessened enough to get him to the Drs to look at his stitches, he has more movement in his arm today, but not enough to drive the car.

Its bright and sunny, I was going to light the fire but the sitting room is warm enough. We had a conversation about the open fire in the sitting room. I worked out how much it had cost us on top of the heating and was horrified to find it had cost us almost £200 on top of the electric bill. So despite the fact that we both love the open fire, we are going to use up the coal and wood we have and then use the storage heater and put an electric fire that looks like a stove in the fire place for when the storage heater goes down. I need to look for one that has a thermostat that cuts the fire off when the room reaches the required temperature.

Apart from anything else, setting the fire, emptying the ash can and shovelling coal is not really conducive to my present condition, so we have to be sensible; especially if DB has to have a pacemaker too.

I am now on a weight loss kick, I have made beef stew for tonights supper, DB will have dumpling I will just have meat and veg. Also when he gets up this afternoon after his sieata we will go for a walk round the village. With my heart in its present condition walking is all I can do.

3 comments:

  1. So strange, we also have a wood burning stove and a few months ago I bought one of those electric fires that looks like a stove!! Coincidence, I think not, chopping wood and bending and carrying are alright for young strong people but not us these days. It actually looks ok and if you buy on line we only paid £40.00 for it and it was delivered free. It does not have a thermostat though so they might cost more. Very pleased with it nevertheless. Hope you both soon feel better. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs. There are some really good electric fires out there, so hopefully you will find something just right for you. Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read that you're still so very tired but after that long day at the hospital, it's no wonder. Add to that all of the to-do with DB and your sleep schedule, you were wise to stay home this arvo to get a bit of extra rest.

    Wishing you well in finding a heater that will suit your needs and budget but also keep you, DB, and the bungalow warm.

    I cut the setting triangles for Brian's quilt this morning but when I started sewing the triangles to the first star, my first two seams were on the wrong side of the triangles. Aaaugh! Yep, they had to be picked out but now have one corner star sewn to its two side setting triangles and the corner triangle. I should have laid them out before sewing and I knew that. Sigh.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.