Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Nice Day but Brrrrrr

Decent nights sleep, the first for quite a time. No coughing from DB for a change.

Off this morning to the coffee morning round at the little chapel. Not so many of us there today, but quite a lively conversation about all sorts of things from TV to Badgers.

Finished off the lentil soup for lunch, Egg, wedges and baked beans for supper tonight.

I spent some time this afternoon doing the blocks for the workshop and also writing the instructions, they sound barmy, but I do know what I am doing (I think).

Its been fine all day, we did have some sun, but very chilly. DB decided to cut the front grass after he had his siesta, so all the grass has now been cut.

My friend contacted me yesterday, the hunt is meeting in the village this weekend so she is coming over to see us, I asked her to stay for some lunch, will do leek and potato soup and some sandwiches. We need to go to the library on Friday, so I can nip into Lidl for the few bits I need fruit and veg wise on the way home. Will make the soup on Friday and leave it in the fridge over Friday night, allow the flavour to develop.


2 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a good night's sleep, a pleasant coffee and conversation at the chapel, a good lunch, and dinner planned and prepped! Well done on getting the instructions for the workshop blocks written, too.

    Has your friend been to visit at the bungalow yet? It will be a delight to have her as a guest for lunch on Saturday.

    I'm about to mark sewing lines on the backs of 16 small squares and then start sewing those many short seams.

    Am washing laundry in hopes of having it dry before the storms come in late afternoon. It's 62*F outside but humid from the saturated ground that followed the melted snow.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love soups when they have been left over night and I especially love leek and potato.
    Glad you had a good night for a change-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.