Saturday, 27 February 2016

Saturday

We both had breakfast in bed, very indulgent. I wanted to finish reading a book before we went to the library to get new books.

I left DB in the library after I had chosen my books and went over to Boyes, we needed more fire lighters, and DB needed a couple of things.

I got seduced by some yarn, it was being sold off at £1.85 for 50grms and had a free pattern if you bought 2 balls. I actually bought 4 but only got one pattern.

Back home I nipped across to see our neighbours, I suddenly realised I had not seen then since before Christmas. They too had a bereavement, their grandson, an only child died from sudden death syndrome just before Christmas, he was married with one little girl. Such a shock for them. I know just how they felt.

My quilty friend had given me soup yesterday, so I thinned it down a little and with some HM bread made a really nice lunch, thank you K.

Sorted supper, am going to spend the afternoon on the settee reading and knitting.

Its a fine day, but the wind is icy, looks ok till you go out then its brrrrr...........


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day you've had with your reading, choosing books, and finding the wonderful sale on pretty yarn.

    My sympathy to your neighbors in the sad loss of their little grandson to SIDS. What a heartbreak.

    It's sunny and cold here and I plan to sew star block rows together before the day gets away.

    Enjoy catching up on your relaxation and rest!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the lie in. Sorry about your neighbor's family. Sadness blooms always it seems.

    Aren't those yarn and fabric guys the worst. They can seduce a girl without batting a thread. Oh! I love fabric and would run off with a fabric store in a heartbeat. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.