Thursday, 17 March 2016

20 Glorious Years

U3A meeting this morning, it was the AGM and the 20th birthday of the Melton Group, so we had cake, wine and a running buffet. It was very nice, did not need any lunch so we had a cup of tea and sat for a while. DB went out to the garden for an hour or so and I put together 3 of the Ohio Star blocks, I have now lost 2 pieces of another block argghhhh.

I am feeling better today. The Dr told me to take it easy for a week or so. 

There were 4 of the girls from the group at the meeting. I am in a bit of a quandary over one of them. She has done a couple of things behind my back, and then presented me with a fait accompli. I think I will be having words before long. I am also a bit miffed that my deputy called a meeting of the group and neither told me or asked if I wanted to go........just told me afterwards what had been decided. Very tempted to tell them to get on and run it themselves, leave me out of it. I can certainly do without the hassle.

No news of a re-arranged delivery of the freezer, will have to give my ex a shove up the rear, I could do with it right now.

It is just over 3 months since Nick died, I keep finding jobs and thinking, Oh Nick will do that, then remember with a sinking feeling that he will not be coming again. He was so good and doing those little things that would have cost a bomb if someone had to come in to do them. I have either got to do them myself or pay someone.

A lovely spring day, sun shining but still quite crisp, pity I have no laundry to dry......

I made a quiche yesterday for tonights supper, have just done a bowl of salad and also cut up some cooked beetroot, the jar was almost empty.

This time next week the new Aldi will be open, cannot wait!!

DB is going to the history group tomorrow, I need some veg for Sunday so will go in with him, can wait in the car until he comes out of his meeting.

First 3 blocks for the new quilt, They will be 'en pointe' with plain blocks in between, I am planning on having it quilted on a long arm machine. I just cannot manage to quilt it on my small machine.







4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear it's a pretty day there and I hope you can heed the doctor's advice to take it easy for the coming week. You and your tummy certainly don't need the aggavation of the group going behind your back or the gut-wrenching sadness of the recurrent thoughts about dear Nick's absence. Big hugs!

    Applause for the completed Ohio Star blocks! I hope your missing quilt block pieces surface as I know the annoyance of losing bits and blocks all too well. I now lay out my block parts on the cutting board and pick up a pair, sew, put them back in place and pick up the next pair. A big square ruler is laid over the parts if I have to stop before I'm finished. What seems to happen here is that my fabrics stick to each other, so often what's missing is stuck to the lower surface of the fabric on top.

    It's sunny and warm here - just lovely!

    More hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should present your own fait accompli and resign gracefully as "you are all getting along so well without me, I don't think you need someone to guide you any longer". It would allow you to take things easy as your GP wants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that garden and landscaping season is coming on and you have such a lovely spot to enjoy, let someone else lead and just participate as you want to so you can enjoy the social aspects and not do all the work. It is going to be a glorious summer to watch all you have done grow and having time and energy is so important. Glad to hear about Aldi. Ana usa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ohio Star quilt blocks are quite lovely. Hope you find your missing quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.