Sunday, 6 March 2016

Mothers Day

My first mothers day without my youngest son, very hard....he used to bring my grand children over to see me.

Have heard from the two girls, do not expect to hear from my eldest son. Long story........

We are off tp DD2's for lunch and I suspect flowers and cards. We are so lucky to have her living a short ride away. She was wonderful last year seeing that DB was ok whilst I was in hospital.

Started off sunny, we still have blue sky but the sun has clouded over, it was quite warm in the sitting room, but I feel the temperature going down, will have to shut the sitting room door and allow the heat to build up. Did not light the fire last night, the storage radiator was still quite warm so I opened it up and shut ir down when we went to bed. Will do the same tonight.

This picture was taken just before Christmas 1970 Claire is sitting on the arm of the chair, Karen is holding Nicholas who was 2months old and Mark is sitting on the other arm of the chair.



We had a very nice lunch at DD2's, roast chicken and all the trimmings followed by lemon meringue pie and a cup of tea.

When we got home DB went for his nap, I have been playing about trying to copy some photos on face book. DGD also loaded Bex and Jo's engagement party photos for me.





6 comments:

  1. Hugs, a tough 'first' for you. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend. May the good memories comfort your heart as the good meal and yummy lemon pie filled your tummy. The picture of your once small children is charming.

    Stay snug!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be so hard,thinking of you both,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sons a son till he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter all her life? That rhyme rings true sometimes Anne, especially about daughters - thats a lovely photo of your children all together Hugs from me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy days.So sorry. xxxx Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne,

    Thank you for the message and hugs to you. Have spent today quietly - its been too cold. Hope you have not had too bad a day and thank goodness for your daughter. Lovely photo and they are like you. Take care sweetheart.

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.