Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Washing drrried on the line Yay!!

Put the laundry out after breakfast, we had a slight shower, but the stuff mostly dried. It will be Thursday before the next lot goes out, its to rain tomorrow.

Had an awful facebook message from one of my grand sons, I was very hurt, then got mad. I have blocked him from posting. I can do without him piping up.

Spent the morning in the kitchen, I have cooked some belly pork in a sauce for tonight supper and I have enough for another supper in the freezer.

I have decided to make another quilt for our bed. I love the one we are using just now, its been on the bed ever since I made it 15 years ago, apart from Christmas, when I put the Christmas quilt on. I spent the afternoon playing with blocks. I think I am going to use the Ohio Star block, in fairly strong colours interspersed with plain blocks. It will take me some time to make it, but should use up some of my stash. Its time I started sewing again.

DB spent a couple of hours in the garden this morning. 

I did the the ironing from yesterday and discovered that my iron is leaking and leaving nasty marks on my linen. I have a Polti Vaporetto steamer, found an iron on the internet which I can use with it, so the old one will just be used for dry ironing.


4 comments:

  1. What a shame when family or "friends" post hurtful things on blogs, FB, or even write that mean stuff in letters. There is no call for that, ever. Big hugs!

    Cheers for lovely weather that dries laundry and makes it possible for DB to work in the garden that he enjoys so much.

    I look forward to seeing the progress on your planned Ohio Stars scrappy quilt! What fun!

    More hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sewing again will be very therapeutic for you, as will pottering in your garden when the weather picks up. And blocking is the best thing, you won't be bothered with any more unpleasant FB messages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not on your own. One of my children has decided that she can live better without me, very hurtful. However, if any of my grand children decided to have a go I shall tell them that they have not,as yet, earned the right to judge me. Do the same pet. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. how awful for you to have to block family. But good on you too. Enjoy your quilting lifes too short.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.