Tuesday, 22 March 2016

What an awful start to the day

News of the bombing  in Brussels airport and the metro was the first thing I saw on TV this morning. How horrible for the people of Belgium and the families of those who died and who are injured.  
I am so horrified I just cannot put it into words.

DB spent time in the front garden cutting the edges of the lawn on one side. I was in the sewing room, did another couple of blocks whilst I waited for the towels and bath mats to finish washing. They have more or less dried on the line.

It was my intention to walk up to the canal this afternoon but I fell asleep on the settee. The canal ran originally from Grantham to West Bridgeford, on the outskirts of Nottingham. It has been silted up for many years. There has been some work done on the canal, but at present it is still un navigable from Grantham, it is hoped eventually to be able to cruise along as far as where the canal
joins the river Trent. It runs at the bottom of the fields of the farms at the back of us and is a haven for wild life. You can walk along the towpath as far as Long Clawson and catch the bus back to Hose.

DB has a bowls meeting tonight, I can choose what to watch on TV for a change.

Towels are airing before being put away. Supper has been prepped, we will have it a bit earlier tonight.


2 comments:

  1. Sweet friend, I, too, am horrified and deeply saddened by the attacks in Belgium and have prayed for those affected by this needless tragedy.

    Why can people not respect the differences between themselves and others so peace can prevail on earth?
    As Maya Angelou wrote: "In diversity there is beauty and there is strength."

    Your description of the canal and walkable towpath sound like a delightful place to have a quiet walk. Please take your camera with you when you do go for this walk. Being overtaken by a nap does sound lovely, too!

    I am delighted to have solved the math conundrum about what sizes to cut the fabrics for my pieced border. I've also cut the coping strip 1st borders for the star quilt so that pieced border SHOULD fit. Fingers crossed!

    It's time for lunch on the sunny and pleasant day.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As being a terrible sleeper I had the TV on when they did a break-in special report on the bombing. When are those NUTS going to stop hurting innocent people with their hatred. My heartfelt prayers to out to each and everyone. What a heartbreaking day.
    Did a bit of cleaning and laundry today so far. Still a bit of laundry to finish. I'm tried but will be pressing on to get it all done today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.