Thursday, 7 April 2016

Frustration

I have had a very frustrating day. I have been trying to open some files I have down loaded. They are zipped and no way can I open them. Not very happy.

We have had showers all day, when its not raining its fine and sunny but very cold.

Chap came to give us a quote for putting an outside tap in and a couple of small jobs that Nicholas would usually have done for us. He is coming a week on Saturday to put the tap in..

DB has spent most of the morning in the garden, the shrubs I bought have all been put in and well watered, they have to grow now. He is off to the garden club tonight for an hour or so.

My sewing machine is on its way home, DD phoned this morning to let me know how much it cost, they had to do a couple of bits so it came to £130, but the machine has been serviced as well. I should get it tomorrow.

The kitchen floor is filthy, I will have to give it a go with the Dyson and then use the steamer on it. Friday clean will be heavy tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the day's frustrations but am glad the outside tap will soon be installed and that your sewing machine will be back home tomorrow.

    We've had rain off and on today but it's been warm and I, too, have had a frustrating day. It has been Seam Ripper day and I've taken out more seams today than I have in the last 5 years. One background rectangle was sewn in place wrong side up (how did I not notice that??) so it had to be unsewn on two sides, then I discovered the blue square sewn to that rectangle wasn't square so I had to take that wonky "square" off and cut another blue square to sew on, then sew it back into it's place in the border. Then the 2 long borders turned out to be too long, so I took off the top and bottom coping strips and cut wider ones. It's too late and I'm too tired to sew them on today. Grrrrrr! Bother! At least I did have enough background fabric to cut new coping strips for the top and bottom of the quilt. Mercy! Rant over. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.