Thursday, 28 April 2016

It's Sunny Just Now

Our last day here. This morning we went down to the point again, just 2 ships coming in whilst we were there. I treated us to two cappuchino coffees.

We filled the car up on the way back, so the desiel in the car has to last us through May.

Lunch over, we need to sort out and pack the bags ready to go home. I would usually clean the van before we leave, the site employs cleaners, so why should I do their job for them?

We have blue skies just now, but all sorts of horrors are forecast, as long as it does not stop us travelling home I do not mind. The wind is quite strong and rather gusty, the river estuary was looking a bit choppy.

No stitching done on my quilt, I will leave it in the sitting room and make myself do an hour each day until is finished.

I have bought plants whilst we have been here, some geraniums, cauliflower and calebrese. Watered last night they are sheltering under the van by the door. They will need protection until the threat of overnight frost is past. It will be good to see what's come out in the garden whilst we have been away.

The wi fi has worked well whilst we have been here. Have always got a signal. Not sure how much time is left on it will check later. I need to check the bank, bills to pay.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the headlines in the Ipswich Evening Star "Bank holiday weekend weather set to be more settled after this week’s sleet and hail storms"and "Changeable is the best way to describe the weather this week, with bright sunshine one moment and hail storms the next - but expect warmer days this bank holiday weekend" I expect you would agree with that.

    Best wishes for a speedy and safe journey home and look forward to hearing about your lovely little bungalow and garden. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be happy to get back home again - let's face it, there's no place quite as wonderful, comfortable and loved! Hope you enjoy working in the garden with your new plants - and that the sun will shine and warm them. I do so love all you've done with the garden Anne - such a difference from when you moved in!
    I need to add annuals for color but as we leave on a trip (tell where later!) soon and will be gone three weeks, I hesitate to plant anything requiring tending and watering - just too much to ask the neighbors to do. As for the family, forget it, all too wrapped up in their own lives to care about ours!!!!!

    Hugs - get home safely.
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.