Saturday, 16 April 2016

Jobs done

K arrived just after 10, and proceeded to install the outside tap, hooray, I no longer have to stagger around with watering cans, to water the garden, we can save the rain water for the acid hating plants we have. I asked him to take it out from the bathroom, as we cannot move the washer, its too heavy.  We can switch it off in the winter, he also retrieved the wooden spoon that disappeared down the side of the cooker and pinned a cable to the skirting board for me.

He took the bedside cabinet home with him, he will bring it back tomorrow all made up....he also has to sort out filling the holes he made for the pipes.

Forecast was for rain all day, no rain, sunny but very cold......might light the fire again after tea.

DB has gone off to bowls, its the open day when they invite people to come for a game and hopefully join the club, he will be home for his supper, so I need to prep it, liver and bacon.

No plans to do anything else, we have started putting stuff out for our trip, and I have the gammon joint out, will cook it tomorrow and we will have it for supper, I will slice it Monday and we will take some of it with us for sandwiches, along with some cheese and eggs. I need to make a carrot cake to take and also a ring of scone, so Thursday will be baking day.

Update.

Thursday will not be baking day, we have a U3A meeting in the morning and it's the quilt group in the afternoon. So we will go shopping and fill up the car with fuel Wednesday morning and I will bake Wenesday afternoon.

DB arrived home just before 4pm, it hailed, so they decided to give up. It was cold tonight, but I did not light the fire, wrapped myself in a fleece. Will put my leggings back on tomorrow, the warm weather has gone. The top of my legs were a delicate shade of light purple when I went for my slouch tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers for all of the odd jobs that K was able to do for you and DB and that are now off of your list! That outside tap in back will be the handiest and best of all. A great idea, done and dusted now.

    I hope the new bowls group will suit DB so he can continue to enjoy that sport and perhaps work on a history of the new club as he likes to do.

    How marvelous to anticipate your upcoming trip and to begin not just packing, but also baking for the time away. Sweet!

    Yesterday I did 4 loads of laundry here as well as running the dishwasher and did one laundry load next door and ran that dishwasher, too. All is caught up but it was certainly tiring.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.