Tuesday, 5 April 2016

More laundry

A load of light coloureds and a few white bits now dancing on the line in the wind.

Its fine, blue sky, but a lot colder than it has been. I still have the storage rads on in the hall, kitchen and sitting room, we have not lit the fire in the evenings for over a week.

DB out planting potato's, he came in to get his feet done and then went out again. 

Last night I decided to use the second ball of wool to  make the scarf twice as long, so I had to undo the cast off row, not easy with fluffy yarn. we made it eventually with a few well chosen curses.

I have to square up the blocks for the quilt, make sure that are all the same size, ready to be joined to the plain ones I have not yet cut out, I also have to cut out the top and side triangles.

DB is having his siesta, I have a book I want to finish, so signing off for now.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers for sunshine and enough of a breeze to dry the laundry! That describes our weather, too, including the chill. It was 34*F last night and will reach only the mid-50s*F today.

    I wish our garden was as organized and prepared as yours is but neither of us have DB's green thumb. Sigh!

    Am looking forward to seeing your lovely Ohio Star blocks. I am about to start sewing one of the long sides of the pieced border units together. They're much easier to sew than Flying Geese would have been.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne

    I like it when you make a quilt I like the strip one that you did at angles - sorry cannot remember the technical name for it but you worked it in bands. Am looking forward to the reveal. Hope you are both keeping well. Take care. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.