Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Nearly Friday, where has the week gone?

Sun shining when we got up, DB has spent most of the day in the garden. I helped him move the arch and he has planted the roses., so I just have to tie them in.


The arch in its new situation with the roses, will tie them in tomorrow.


I forgot I had planted this  Crown Imperial Lily, it is going to be yellow, should open later in the week. They are beautiful flowers but stink, not a bit like the other lilies I grow.

After lunch the postman came with the stuff I had ordered, so had a little play on the machine. I had a problem with thread breakage, I think it needs a week in the freezer. It has probably dried out.


This was what I sewed out, its still in the hoop, just a simple design, will be tacking some more difficult ones later. I have to load them onto the machine from the USB stick.

This morning I spent some time in the sewing room, I have found a table runner I made at least a year ago. I had started to embroider on it, cannot remember what thread I used. Have done the middle strip and sides, need to do the top and bottom sashing and bind it. 

Our front door bell has had it I cannot get it open to put a new battery in...ggrrrrr not a happy lady. If I am in the kitchen I cannot hear if anyone knocks on the front door, annoying.

Herb fritatta tonight have made a salad, we will have banana for dessert. I still have not cooked the mince. MUST do it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love your garden and I imagine your neighbors do, too. The flowers are and will be just lovely!

    What a pretty embroider pattern you've made with your new machine! Applause!!

    Our guest and I have just returned from visiting Sara (my long-arm machine quilter) and a quilting pattern for the star quilt what quickly chosen as was the thread color. What a nice visit we had, too. :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.