Saturday, 30 April 2016

Washing Day

I was rudely awakened at 6am by the door bell ringing, then I noticed the alarm clock was flashing, we seem to have had a power surge. I put a load in the washer and went back to bed.

A second load went in after the first lot had been hung out. We spent half an hour in the garden, dead heading and trying to pull some weeds out, I will have to use the push me pull you. Its very useful, cuts weeds off and if you keep using it the weeds eventually die.

Bacon sandwiches for lunch, OH was bowling. K the odd job man came round with the bed table which he has glued for us, very kind of him.

OH off to the bowls, I sat and hand quilted almost all of one block on the quilt. I now have a sore finger on my left hand. I have to feel the needle coming through, so end up with a pricked middle finger. I use udder cream and surgical spirit, it soon sorts it.  I am not hand quilting any more quilts, it hurts my hands too much.

We had a swift sleet storm at lunch time, the laundry dried and has been folded and put away. I have one load to do tomorrow and then I am all caught up.

It was good to get back to our bed last night, we have a queen size, the one in the van was an ordinary 4' 6. its amazing the difference 6 inches can make.


3 comments:

  1. What is a push me pull you? Ranee (USA) MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing well at catching up on the laundry and all the other little jobs.

    We slept on a normal full size mattress for years after we were married and it felt quite normal. Isn't it odd how quickly you adjust to sleeping on a Queen size mattress and now wonder how we managed all those early years!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting caught up on the laundry with only one load remaining to be done tomorrow. Hope your weather cooperates with that plan.

    I didn't realize you planned to hand quilt the quilt you took with you. I thought you were hand stitching the binding on. Perhaps quilting only half of a block per day will be kinder to your hands.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.