Friday, 13 May 2016

Its cold

We both spent the morning in the garden putting plants in. We had an early lunch and set off for Melton, I needed flowers for my friend. She loves tulips, I was pleased to be able to get her 2 bunches.

We had our usual good time, trifle, cake and tea, who could ask for more??

Our journey home was horrendous, the traffic was awful, lorries barging their way in from slip roads and cars changing lanes without indicating. Once we were past the Syston roundabout the traffic thinned out and the rest of the journey was uneventful.

Just finished our supper, fish, mash, peas and parsley sauce.....

Its very cold again, I have lit the fire. DB is bowling tomorrow, they are having a BBQ, so I am summoned to arrive about 6pm to partake. I hope to manage to weed half of the front garden in the morning, might do some sewing in the afternoon before I go for supper. I am experimenting with disappearing nine patch for the group, they have also asked for bags to carry cutting boards in. Should keep me out of mischief for a bit.

Chris asked about OH and DB, no I am not living with two men (thank heavens) OH is other half and DB is dearly beloved, both terms for my husband.

Oh I amost forgot. There was a letter waiting for me when I got home. I have an appointment for my echo on 31st of May and stress test on 2nd of June, both at the same hospital, so 2 journeys a day apart, wonderful.... its only 14 weeks since I escaped being kept in. Obviously things were not as critical as the nurse made out.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and DB had a day of accomplishment topped off by the lovely visit with your sweet friend, C! How sweet of you to take tulips to C., too.

    Bother about the traffic mess on your return trip. I get irritated with drivers who fail to signal for turns or lane changes. Grrr!

    Will you soon have a bag making tutorial for your students so they can make their own bags from their chosen fabrics and in sizes they choose? You can show using a quilt block or blocks on one or both sides, too.

    We have rain this arvo so I'm cutting fabric for a border for the Swoon block I made about 2 years ago.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining about DB and OH, mystery solved for me I was beginning to wonder if you were indulging in 'Afternoon Delights' with some one when DB was at the bowls club.. LOL Enjoy your weekend, trip to Costa's and the library for us after we have put some more items back in the new looking kitchen. We have had new cupboard doors, work surfaces and sink unit, but snag was we had to empty all the cupboards, what a lot of stuff we have, time to have a sort out, me thinks...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for talking about disappearing nine patch. I have the urge to make a quilt and love the look of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.