Saturday, 21 May 2016

Less cough, more snivel

Not a bad night, I did go back to bed about 9pm read for a while before settling down to sleep. Woke a couple of times during the night.

Have stayed in bed until 11.30, just made a pot of lentil soup for lunch, its not a very nice day, dull, cold and DB says it was drizzling a bit when he was in the garden.


We are fast approaching our 1st anniversary here, time to take stock. We have put ourselves out and joined in village life, on the whole it has been a positive experience, even if I did put a few noses out of joint winning the village show with a quilt. I will put something in again this year, but doubt I will win again, that's not the point, it's being willing to join in. The village is close to both Melton and Nottingham, so it is a bit of a satellite village, there are people who do not join in village activities, that's their loss.

The garden is going very well, DB is toiling for space to put all his veg plants in. Once I have got over this pesky cold I will have to spend time in the front weeding and also putting in plants

Health wise it's not been too bad, thankfully we now have OH's dizzies under control, I have survived having a pacemaker fitted and apart from that have been fairly well. However on a more personal level, the death of Nicholas has affected the whole family deeply. You do not expect a child to die before a parent. The ladies at the quilt group,  my quilting friend and those of you who read my whitterings, especially B. You know who you are, have been a wonderful support to both OH and myself. We owe you all a deep debt of gratitude, thanks do not seem enough.

It has stopped raining and the sun has come out, DB may well go out to the garden again after his siesta, I will have a rest on the settee.




8 comments:

  1. Hope your cold goes quickly; hate colds especially when it is supposed to be Spring. Somehow in Winter it is easier to cuddle up with a hot toddy and keep warm. Your first year, I know it has been a sad one and that is all I shall say on that subject as I do not think I am qualified to comment. I knew a move to a prefab would be a good one in other ways, as I mentioned before I lived in a prefab in my childhood and I was very happy there. They can be cold but yours is cladded and therefore should be cosy. I hope the next few years will be very happy and that you enjoy life in the village. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to say thank heavens for the garden to keep Edwin busy. I say the same thing about Habitat for Humanity that it keeps Bob busy. Ana USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to read that you are both on the mend. I agree that the loss of a child, no matter what age, is devastating. I do not think that I will ever be quite the same as before, and I am sure that you have similar feelings. I have stopped in Melton many times, My hubby loved the pies and we often went out of our way to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to read that you're feeling better already and that DB was up to gardening once again as he does love that.

    Has it been nearly a year since you and DB moved into your sweet bungalow? Imagine that! The front and back gardens certainly have bloomed and flourished with your attention and diligence so know your neighbors are glad to have you two there. I'm so glad you were approved for a two bedroom w/gardens as you each have room for your hobbies.

    As much as you miss dear Nick, you can look around your home and see things his helpful hands and talents fixed just right for you and DB to better enjoy your home. I hope the jobs he did there bring warm comfort to you.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last comment from Barbara Anne was so sweet. She sounds such a lovely lady. You are so lucky to have her as a blog friend she is always ready with the kindest of comments. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling a little better Ann - at least you're coughing less now so thats a step in the right direction - you take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That year has soon passed and what a whirlwind it has been for you. I'm glad you have settled in even though you have had awful personal trauma to deal with. I read your blog each day but don't always have time to comment. Love and light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you soon get rid of the cold and feel well again. The DH and the garden need you to be firing on all cylinders. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.