Sunday, 22 May 2016

Still coughing, sniveling less

First time since Thursday I am up and dressed and the washer is on, stripped the bed, should get the bedding dry. Tomorrow the forecast is for rain after lunch so may well put a quick load of coloureds in to do first thing, should get them dry, fingers crossed.

Cough not quite so bad and the nose has given over dripping!! It will take time to clear.

Bright morning, a bit of a breeze, OH is bowling this afternoon, so no Sunday supper to cook, he will have poached eggs on toast before he goes out, gets his supper at the club.

So I have the afternoon to myself, will be in the sewing room, I have a couple of projects to prepare for the ladies of the quilt group, want to try and get ahead, save myself time later in the year.

We have a funeral tomorrow, a friend we lost touch with after he went blind. His wife who died in 2002 was the lady who gave me the azalea I tend so carefully, it is a beautiful colour I would be most upset if it died. They stayed with us both in Scotland and Hampshire. When we came back to Leicestershire we used to take it in turns for tea once a month. We were the only people outside the family who were asked to E's 70th birthday lunch. My husband did the bible reading at E's funeral.

Washer is spinning so will need to go and hang it out, maybe back later.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to hear you're on the road to recovery and have felt good enough to busy yourself with laundry. Fingers crossed here that the second load will dry, too. Nice that you've one less meal to prepare today as this eve you may be ready for a rest.

    My sympathy you and DB on the death of your long-time friend. Sympathy to his family, too. May that pretty azalea flourish for decades to come.

    Have fun in your sewing room!

    Am up early to feed cats so may either have breakfast or catch another hour of shut-eye. Choices!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.