Sunday, 12 June 2016

15 Gardens.....

We made it to the gardens open day, managed to do all 15 gardens!! somewhat of a record for me, needless to say I am shattered.

We got there just after 12 noon and started at garden No.1. We did 4 gardens and then went back to the car for lunch. It started to rain, but we are not fair weather folk, so umbrellas up and off we set.

Some really lovely gardens, I loved the ones that had borders stuffed with flowers, no weeds growing there no room for them. We also saw some very manicured ones, smooth grass and regimented borders. The last hose we went to the garden was very reminiscent of a garden in Spain.

Here are some of the photos.


This was a smallish garden, oval lawn, the borders were stuffed with plants.


I have never seen a poppy this dark


Good use of an old strawberry pot, we have an old one knocking about somewhere.


Good way of screening an oil tank, there were plants tied in to climb up the trellis.





Beautiful rose rambling along the front of this bungalow, scent was glorious,


A white deutzia 


Novel was of using fencing to divide the border from the veg plot.


The bank in front of this bungalow was a picture.


Fabulous bed of lupins.


An 82 year old gentleman lived in tis bungalow, he was an artist and had painted murals on the walls in the back garden.


Same house, using the garage wall, very effective.

I will post more of the pictures tomorrow. I did buy plants for the garden from the last but one house we visited. We also went to the village hall for afternoon tea, an excellent cuppa and a slice of cake for £2.50 each. Very good value for money, much better than the £7.50 we had to pay at the last garden we went to.

It did stop raining, by the time we were ready to come home I was shattered, have not walked so far in ages, but we really enjoyed the day.

I am just cooking Sunday supper, we have home grown strawberries for dessert, yum yum.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend a day, get good exercise, enjoy the eye candy and get ideas for your own bungalow garden! I can just imagine how good it feels to sit for a while.

    Again, it's too hot to enjoy being outdoors here but there is a chance of rain late this arvo so I can hope.

    Enjoy those strawberries!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to be able to see my veg garden and never try to hide it. I grow flowers in it is well so it looks pretty as well as being productive. Helen in France.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your photos. You always do a nice job. Nothing like a good cup of tea and a slice of cake following all that walking about. You should sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.