Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Its Raining Again!!

We went into B & Q this morning DB wanted to get a can of fence paint to treat the gate and fence, we had a look at the mowers and ended up buying a Bosch 340, its a big beast but should cope with our garden. By the time we had our 10% taken off it was just 5p more than another one we had looked at.

I also found a large pot that will do fine for a water feature, I just need to get the solar fountain, and we can fill it and off we go.

It started to rain as we were coming home and its still persisting.

DB is about to go for his siesta, I am going to read for a while. Mince on for mince and dough balls for supper, with carrots and cauliflower. Strawberries for dessert.


The double poppies that appeared in the garden. I will save some seed before I dig them out, I will replant them in a different place. There are still quite a lot of buds to come out.

3 comments:

  1. We could do with some of your rain. Very dry here, only light drizzle yesterday for a few minutes, which does more harm than good. At least it is not as hot as it was and certainly less humid. Extended forecast indicates we might receive some showers on Friday, however, that can change.
    Lovely poppies. We are having strawberries for dinner also.
    Hope you are having a great day.
    Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had dough balls? Are they Amercan? They sound it? Or are the what I would call dumplings?
    Well done on getting a new mower - a good mower is essential when you've a lot of grass to cut. We now have a mower with a grass box rather than a Flymo which just throws the cut grass everywhere and you have to rake it up.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have found a mower that will handle your lawns as well as a pot for the planned water feature. It will be a pleasure to hear the gurgle of water as you sit outside.

    Your poppies are beautiful! I seem unable to grow poppies as all I've ever planted failed to come up. What is your secret for success?

    In the wee hours of this morning we were again awakened by a torrential downpour of rain that wasn't on radar when we went to bed. Odd, but welcome. We've now had 6+" of rain in June.

    I plan to join binding ends today as well as run to the library.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.