Thursday, 16 June 2016

Rung Out

Yesterday was a difficult day, emotions running high at times.

This morning it was the U3A meeting and we put up some of the quilted things the ladies had made.

We were at the hall by 9am and everything was up and ready by 9.30. I had 4 of the sampler quilts on show, lots of comments. I did have one lady who asked if I had places in the group, I told her no. At this stage it would be too difficult to introduce someone new. The group has jelled well together and are now starting to strike out on their own.

I have purchased 100 of the new wonder clips, I am going to bag them into 25's and sell them to the girls. I can always send for some more. I bought some myself last year, they are really good for holding down binding.

It was tiring though. We called at Morrison on the way home to get 5 bags of compost, so hopefully we will have enough now to see us through the season.

DB is in the garden putting the new collars I got him round the strawberries, he has picked a few more today, will wash them to have with some ice cream after supper. Hopefully the collars will keep them clean and keep the slugs away.

It was very overcast this morning, but since lunchtime it has brightened up quite a bit. I really should go out and start weeding the front again, but I am very tired, will see what the weather is like tomorrow and maybe start then. In the mean time I am reading on the settee with my feet up.


1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how difficult yesterday was and wish I could have come over to bring a sweet morsel and hugs.

    The ladies in your quilting group are really taking off on their own, aren't they?! What pleasure it must give you so see them becoming aware of their skills and the creative possibilities ahead. I remember the joy I felt 20+ years ago when I found I could look at a quilt block and see the block units that made it. :)

    Enjoy your book and your reading, feet up time. Wishing you sweet dreams tonight.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.