Thursday, 30 June 2016

Some one did not like my last post, but I stick by what I said, in this day and age no one should be living in sub standard conditions or having to use food banks for food to feed their family.

The problem stems from Mrs Thatcher, she decided that council tenants should be allowed to buy their houses, but the money raised went to the treasury, not back to the councils who are left with depleted housing stocks and no cash to build.

FINISH!!

The quilting group was horrendous I spent all most all the afternoon with one person, she then tried to blame me because she had cut the fabric too big!! I was ready to scream by the time we had finished.

DB had been fine whilst I was out, thank goodness. The Nottingham Road is still blocked where there was a landslip last week, they have opened the side into town, but the Nottingham side is still closed.

It has not rained but the sky is quite overcast, I would not be surprised if it doesn't rain soon.

Will try and get the mower put together tomorrow so if we have a couple of fine days the grass can be cut again.

Bacon fritatta and salad for supper, I just have the fritatta to cook.


7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that the quilting group wasn't a pleasure today. Unless I misunderstood, cutting something too big is no problem - just re-cut it to the proper size! It's when you cut something too small that you're stuck.

    Don't let anyone's comment bother you. Your blog, your thoughts. The end!

    Your supper plans sound yummy as usual.

    It's very warm and sunny here but we were up too late last night so both feel like we've been run over. Bother! I did get my two red/white/blue wall quilts pressed and hung, tho, and have done two loads of laundry.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I didn't upset you with my comment, Sweet Blondie; but I thought we were free to express an opinion even if it differed from your own. That is debate. There was no intention whatsoever to upset you. As Barbara Anne says, Your blog, your thoughts, and we all want to hear them. I just hold a different viewpoint.
    I've never been clever enough with a needle and thread to do any quilting (or any needlework, come to that!) I admire anyone who can sew neatly and make things. Husband does any mending required here, he's much better at sewing on buttons or mending a hem than I am!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to remind some members of our U3A that we are ALL volunteers and therefore are not to be spoken to disrespectfully. I think people forget that we are lucky to have tutors who are willing to share their expertise for free. I know how much work goes nto prepping the classes as I drive myself crazy sometimes prepping for 25 people in the group. As for your commentator, she can stop reading your blog if she isn't pleased! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would I know I wasn't "pleased" unless I read the blog? As I said, I thought we were permitted to voice a differing opinion, but if this isn't permitted, then I shall simply read the blog not leave a comment if a differing opinion is found to be upsetting for people. I like to read all kinds of blogs and I've always thought it illuminating, even educational, when people express differing views; that is how we can all learn from each other and, as I've said, it's called debate.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  5. How ill-informed your critic appeared to be....perhaps more insight in the state this country is in would help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am kept very well informed as to the state of things in some northern areas, as I have a relation in Rochdale. I am well aware of northern (and some southern - Cornwall, for example and north Devon) deprivation, and the need for many improvements to be made, but a spend-thrift government isn't the answer. They put a country even more in debt. But let's just agree to differ.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne, I wish we lived nearer as I would love to learn quilting, but am still tied to the grindstone of full-time employment. When I win the Lotto, I will commission one-to-one tutoring, but please don't hold your breath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.